Phone 03-8601900 or 0503689835• E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Mansour A. Aldajani
Associate Professor – Systems Engineering
Director, Information Technology Center
Resume’ March 2011
1989 - 1994 King Fahd
B.S. in Systems Engineering
n First honors
n Senior project: “Design of a Computer Telephony System with Programmable Functionalities.”
n Senior project received some national prizes.
1995 - 1997 King Fahd
M.S. in Systems Engineering
n First honors
n M.S. Topic: “Optimal Control of Nonlinear Plants Using Neural Networks.”
n Courses in: Signal processing, Controls, Operation research, Production control, and Optimization.
1997 - 2001 University of
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
n Many courses in: Wireless Communication, DSP, Radar Detection & Estimation, Speech and Image processing, Adaptive Filtering, Stochastic Systems, Linear and Nonlinear Optimization.
n Ph.D. Thesis: “Oversampled Data Conversion and Coding with Application to Power Control in CDMA Wireless Systems.”
n Graduated in Sep. 28, 2001.
1. Prince Mohammed ben Fahd prize for the best research project, 1994.
2. Best national creative scientific project, 1994
3. First honors prize in B.S., 1994
4. Academic Support Activities Prize, KFUPM, 1995.
5. First honors prize in M.S., 1996.
6. SE Department prize for best graduate student, 1996
7. Innovation Award, KFUPM, 2007
8. Three US patents in ICT, 2006-2008
9. Two Innovation Awards, KFUPM, 2009.
Jan. 2011-Now King Fahd University Dhahran, Saudi Arabia Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Director, Information Technology Center
Sep. 2006 – Jan. 2011 King Fahd University Dhahran, Saudi Arabia Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Director, Center for Communications and Information Technology Research
Director (A), Center for Economics and Management Systems
n Research Institute
2001- Sep. 2006 King Fahd University Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
· Systems Engineering Department
Summer 2004 Saudi Aramco Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Full time consultant
· Project: GSM-Based Wireless Plant Data Communication
1994-1997 King Fahd University Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
· Teaching assistance
Summer 1993 Saudi Aramco Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Project Engineering Department
· Project: Instrumentation Equipment Upgrade
IT Service Management, Business Process Management, Strategic Planning, Change Management, ERP, Project Management, Optimization.
a. GSM, 3G & 4G
b. Mobile-based Systems
c. Smart Transportation Systems and AVL
d. Telephony Systems
3. Computers and IT:
a. Data-Base (Oracle and Access)
b. Industrial Computer Networks
1. Communications Systems :
a. Network Planning and Optimization
b. OFDM and CDMA
c. Power Control in Wireless Systems
d. Adaptive Source Coding
2. Digital Signal Processing :
e. Adaptive Filtering and Equalization
f. Speech compression and modulation.
g. High resolution (Sigma-Delta) Data Conversion
h. Soft-sensing and Instrumentations
3. Digital and Optimal Control
4. Artificial Neural Networks and their Applications
5. Systems Engineering and Management
1. Board Member and Secretary, Saudi Society for Technology Development & Transfer (SSTDT), Since Mar. 2009
3. Member, International Council on Systems Engineering (ICOSE)
4. Member, Saudi Computer Society
5. Member, Saudi Health Informatics Society
1. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
2. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II
3. IEEE Transactions on Communication
4. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I
1. mReserve™ : Mobile-based oracle reservation system for airlines and carriers, 2008-2009.
2. SALAMAT™: “Automated Blood Pressure and Sugar Monitoring System with GSM Communication,” KACS funded project, Principal Investigator, 2003-2005 www.salamat.org.sa
3. Network Planning and Optimization, KACST funded project, Principal Investigator, 2007-2009.
4. MapIT™: Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) based on GSM, 2004-2008.
5. Zakah™ : First data-base-based software for zakah calculation. www.zakahsoft.com, 2005.
6. Zakawat™ : First enterprise solution for zakah calculation, collection, and distribution (algorithms and software package built on both Oracle and MS Access databases) www.zakahsoft.com, 2004.
7. Masaif™: Web site for Saudi summer tourism www.masaif.com, 2005.
8. GSM-Based Plant Wireless Data Communication, Project for Saudi Aramco, Summer 2004.
9. Soft-sensing Solution for Industrial Emission Detection, Supported by SABIC, 2004-2005.
10. Easytalk™: Glove-based speech synthesis and generation, The Research Institute, 2008.
11. Measurement of e-Government Transformation in Government Agencies - Ministry of Communication and IT - Project Manager.
12. Developing the Academic Program - Dar Al-Uloom University - Project Manager.
13. Developing Applications on Mobile and PDA Devices – King Fahd Complex for Printing the Holy Quran - Project Manager.
1. Director, Information Technology Center, Jan 2011 - Now
2. Director, Center for Communications and IT Research, Research Institute, KFUPM, 2006-Jan 2011
3. Acting Director, Center for Economics and Management Systems, Research Institute, KFUPM, 2006- Jan 2011
4. Established the e-Business Unit
5. Market for and signed multi-million contracted projects
6. Facilitated partnership agreements with major international and national institutions
7. Chaired and participated in many administrative committees at KFUPM, e.g.
a. The research committee
b. The bids & tenders committee
c. The planning Committee
d. The e-Government Committee
e. The housing committee
f. Re-admissions committee
g. Business process improvement of the research purchasing system at KFUPM
h. Development of marketing strategy for the applied research at KFUPM
i. Improving the research costing system at KFUPM
j. Improving the performance evaluation system for researchers at KFUPM
k. Research strategy and structure at KFUPM
l. Performance monitoring of the Research Institute
m. The Research Institute Council
n. The Research Institute Personnel Committee
o. The Research Institute Procedure and Planning Committee
8. Organized various workshops in the area of ICT
1. IT Project Management Training Course, TCQ, Dubai, UAE, Nov. 2006.
2. Research Management Training Workshop, SRI, Khubar, Saudi Arabia, Dec. 2007.
3. Pursuing Excellence, Tom Peters, 4 Nov. 2009.
4. Research Team Leadership Training Workshop, Leadership Foundation for Higher Education, 15-16 Nov. 2009.
1. Sports: Swimming, Football, Squash, Tennis.
2. Readings: Management, Science, and Arabic History.
3. Software Development in .NET
4. Space exploration
13.1 Journal Publications
 Andijani, A.; Al-Dajani, M., “Analysis of deteriorating inventory/production systems using a linear quadratic regulator.” European Journal of Operational Research, vol.106, (no.1), Elsevier, 1 April 1998. p.82-9. 17.
 Ahmed, M.S.; Al-Dajani, M. “Neural regulator design.” Neural Networks, vol.11, (no.9), Elsevier, Dec. 1998. p.1695-709.
 Aldajani, M. A. and Sayed, A. H., ``Stability and performance analysis of an adaptive sigma-delta modulator,'' IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems II: Analog and Digital Signal Processing, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 233-244, Mar. 2001.
 Aldajani, M. and Sayed, A. H., "Adaptive predictive power control for the uplink channel in DS-CDMA cellular systems," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technologies, Vol. 52, Issue 6, pp. 1447-1462, Nov. 2003.
 M.A. Habib, M. Elshafei, and M. Al-Dajani,” Influence of Combustion Parameters on NOx Production in an Industrial Boiler”, Journal of Computers and Fluids, Volume 37, Issue 1, Pages 12-23, January 2008
 Aldajani, M. A., “Logarithmic Quantization in Least Mean Squares Algorithms,” Digital Signal Processing, Vol. 18, No. 3, May 2008, pp. 321-333.
 Aldajani, M. A., “Convolution-Based Placement of Wireless Base Stations in Urban Environment,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 57, No. 6, Nov. 2008, pp. 3843-48.
 Aldajani, Mansour and Alfares, Hesham K., “Location of banking automatic teller machines based on convolution”, Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol. 57, No. 4, Nov. 2009, pp. 1194-1201.
13.2 Conference Publication
 Aldajani, M. A. and Sayed, A. H., “An adaptive structure for sigma delta modulation with improved dynamic range,'' Proc. 43rd Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCS), Lansing, MI, Aug. 2000.
 Aldajani, M. A. and Sayed, A. H., ``Stability analysis of an adaptive structure for sigma delta modulation,'' Proc. 7th IEEE Int. Conf. Electronics, Circ. and Sys. (ICECS), Jounieh, Lebanon, vol. 1, pp. 129-132, Dec. 2000.
 Aldajani, M. A. Sayed, A. H., ``SNR performance of an adaptive sigma delta modulator,'' Proc. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), Sydney, Australia, vol. 1, no. 5, pp 392-395, May 2001.
 Aldajani, M. A. and Sayed, A. H., ``A stable structure for delta modulation with improved performance,'' Proc. International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, (ICASSP), Salt Lake City, Utah, vol. 4, May 2001.
 Aldajani, M. A. and Sayed, A. H., ``Predictive ration closed-loop power control for CDMA wireless systems, '' Proc. International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, (ICASSP), Orlando, FL, May 2002.
 Aldajani, M. A. and Sayed, A. H., ``Inverse closed-loop power control for CDMA wireless systems,'' Proc. International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Orlando, FL, May 2002.
 Aldajani, M. A. and Sayed, A. H., ``Adaptive Differential Pulse-Coded Modulation with Exponential Tracking,'' Proc. International Conference on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis (ISPA), Rome, Italy, Vol. 1, pp. 532-535, Sep. 2003.
 Aldajani, M. A., “Modified Sign LMS with Exponential Tracking” IEEE Midwest Symposium of Circuits and Systems, Cairo, Egypt, Dec. 2003.
 Aldajani M. A., “ADAPTIVE STEP-SIZE SIGN LEAST MEAN SQUARES,” International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, (ICASSP), Montreal, Canada, Vol. 2, pp. 669-672, May 2004.
 Aldajani, M. A., “Optimal Placement of Wireless Base-Stations Based on 2-D Convolution,” the International Symposium on Wireless Systems and Networks, Sep. 2005, KFUPM, Saudi Arabia.
 Aldajani, M. A., “SALAMAT: The Blood Pressure and Sugar Electronics Measurement and Monitoring System in Saudi Arabia,” Saudi Conference for e-Health, Riyadh, 8-9 May 2006.
 Aldajani, M. A., “Power-of-two quantization in Decision Feedback Equalization”, IEEE ICASSP, May 14-19 2006, Toulouse, France.
 Moustafa. Elshafei, Mohamed A. Habib, and Mansour Al-Dajani, “Prediction of Boilers Emission Using Polynomial Networks”, Proceeding of the IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2006 (CCECE '06.), Canada, May 2006, pp. 823-827.
 Aldajani, M. A., and H. K. Alfares, Optimum location of banking automatic teller machines, CAIMS-MITACS 2006 Joint Annual Conference, June 15-20, 2006, Toronto, Canada.
 Aldajani, M. A., “Hypertension and Diabetics Electronic Monitoring System”, 6th Nordic Conference on eHealth and Telemedicine, 31 Aug. - 1 Sep. 2006, Helsinki, Finland.
 Aldajani, M. A., “EFFICIENT PLACEMENT OF WIRELESS BASE-STATIONS IN URBAN ENVIRONMENT,” International Conference on Wireless Information Networks and Systems, Barcelona, Spain, 26-29 July 2007.
 Aldajani, Mansour A., “Change Management and its Role in e-Services,” Mar. 2009, Proceedings of the 4th eService Symposium: eServices Integration, Khubar, Saudi Arabia, 9-11 Mar. 2009.
 Faisal A. Al-Nasser, Mansour A. Al-Dajani, Uthman Baroudi, and Shokri Z. Selim, “Placement of Access Points in Wireless Local Area Networks,” IWCMC 2009 Wireless LANs and Wireless PANs Symposium, Leipzig, Germany, 21-24 Jun. 2009.